Last Updated onWhy A Shiatsu Massage Machine Is The Best Kind of Massage…
Shiatsu massage is a method of manipulative therapy originating in Japan. It is built upon the foundation of three key elements: acupressure, stretching and Western massage. Known as a holistic approach to relieving pain and fighting disease, this form of massage is basically the application of pressure at key ‘energy pathway’ points in the human body. Fingers are used to apply the pressure and massage at these locations. Shiatsu massage is easy to learn and use and is a needle-free alternative for those not comfortable with acupuncture. Using a portable shiatsu massage machine is an easy solution to giving yourself a shiatsu massage when you need muscle pain relief or for relaxation.
It has also been used to assist in relieving the symptoms associated with vomiting and gastrointestinal conditions. There have been good results when this form of therapy has been used to improve immune system health and regulating blood circulation.
Shiatsu Massage Machines Are 100% Portable
Due to the popularity of this massage method, portable shiatsu massage machines have been developed by various manufacturers. These Shiatsu massage machines vary in many ways related to the features they have, but all use one form or other of nodes that imitate the fingers of a massage therapist. Some have the added feature of heat while others include vibration to work at soothing muscle pain.
Neck And Back Pain Is Common…
Neck pain is increasingly common these days with as much as 23% of Americans experiencing trouble on an everyday basis. Many causes of neck pain are simple, caused by everyday activities such as sitting awkwardly hunched in front of a computer, unnatural body postures / postions or carrying weighted loads in a certain way. Stress is a major factor in muscular pain. You know how you feel after a particualrly hard day… tight, tense and uncomfortable! Some causes for neck pain are more serious, whiplash, arthritis, muscle strain and the like, which may necisate some type of medical attention
To help you find the best Shiatsu massage machine, we have come up with a list of what we consider the five best Shiatsu massage machines available in the market today.
1) The Top Choice…Zyllion ZMA-13-BK Shiatsu Massage PillowWho wouldn’t want a massaging pillow? Zyllion designed just that when they introduced the ZMA-13-BK Shiatsu Massage Pillow. It measures at just 6-centimetres wide which means you can slide it down to work the small of your back while you’re still in that chair, as well as placing it where you need it to work on your body. In addition to having a strap attachment that allows you to firmly hold this portable shiatsu massage machine in place when using it in a chair, it has a slim, ergonomic design.
The unit has a total of 4 nodes that deep-knead and a heat feature helps penetrate muscles. There is a safety shut-off that activates after 20-minutes.
Shiatsu massage benefits are many, chronic pain relief, relieving sore lower backs, strained shoulder muscle relief, painful neck muscles etc….
Reviewers of this shiatsu massage machine liked the powerful motor and well built design. They also indicated it does promote relaxation resulting from the comfortable feel of the nodes that do relieve muscle tension. The problems noted by online reviewers are few but include the fact that some found the heating unit to not be warm as they had hoped and that the power cord is not long enough. Other users pointed out that since the padding is hard, it really isn’t as soft as a pillow.
- 88% of reviews were 4.5 star and upwards on Amazon
- 4 Deep-Kneading Shiatsu Massage Nodes help relax and relieve muscle tightness.
- Heating function that sooths aching muscles
- Ergonomic design with a 6-cm ultra slim body.
- Use on lower- & upper-back, neck, abdomen, calf, and thigh areas.
- Adjustable Strap secures the cushion to your favorite chair.
- Equipped with Overheat Protection Device & programmed with 20-minute Auto Shut-Off to ensure safety
- Massager didn’t get as warm as they preferred
- Cord was to short
2) Homedics Deep Kneading Foot Shiatsu Massage Machine
Homedics created the FMS-270H Deep Kneading Foot Shiatsu Massage Machine and when they did, they came up with an incredible Shiatsu massage machine. If you’ve ever wanted to put your toes in total control of a portable massage machine, with this one you can. It comes complete with 6 rotational heads and 18 massage nodes. They are programmable and also include a heating option.
Reviewers of this product online say it delivers a strong massage and the amount of pressure applied is easy to control. The heating option activates quickly and in addition to being well built, this massager does work extremely well in reducing pain and tension. Problems noted by online reviewers include an issue with the short length of the power cord, single heat setting and that since the nodes are hard, they may cause pain in some users.
- 75% of customer reviews were 4 star plus and above on Amazon
- Deep kneading Shiatsu relaxes and soothes feet
- 6 rotational heads for double the massage along with 18 massage nodes
- Soothing heat combined with powerful massage strength
- Easy to use toe-touch control
- Some felt the massage given was too hard
- Some felt the heat was not warm enough
- Cord was a bit short
3)… Heated Shiatsu Back, Neck & Foot Massager Pillow
The Heated Shiatsu Back, Neck & Foot Massager Pillow by LiBa sits in the middle of our list.
This product simply features options for massage that provides a deep Shiatsu massage by choosing the on/off heat function along with the 4, deep-kneading shiatsu massage modes.
The massage nodes are designed to use bi-directional movements to mimic the feel of a deep tissue, real life massage. Use a combination of the two options for spa like personalized experience when you need relief in the comfort and privacy of your home.
Glowing reviews of this product online say it provides an excellent pain relieving, deep tissue massage and is well built, powerful and affordable. People commented how they loved the choice of changing the direction of the massage nodes from clockwise to anti clockwise and how well the nodes could access hard to reach areas for pain relief. In fact poor reviews were very much in the minority for the this machine
- 4 Shiatsu massage nodes
- 2 Direction Massage Functionality
- Soothing heat & Deep Tissue Massage enhances massage, relieving chronic pain
- Integrated control lets you choose massage or massage and heat
- Flex handles let you customize the intensity of the massage and great for relieving pain in sore necks
- Some users were pinched on their necks
4)…ZMA-14-BK Shiatsu Massage Cushion with Heat By ZyllionThe ZMA-14-BK Shiatsu Massage Machine Cushion with Heat is a portable shiatsu massage machine made by Zyllion. This portable machine has a 4.2 out of 5 star rating and great reviews, 381 when we reviewed this shiatsu massage cushion.
The design of this product has 2 pairs of 4 massage nodes– one adjustable pair at the neck with the other located at the back.
There is a 15-minute built-in shut off and the seat cushion also has a trio of vibration massage modes.
Reviewers of this product online point out that it works well and provides customized massage options. They also say this unit does reduce pain in all areas and does so with a powerful massaging action. Problems identified by online reviewers include an issue with the separate functioning of the neck and back massages, the bulky size of the product and that arthritis sufferers may find the rollers too painful to use.
- 4 Adjustable Moving Shiatsu Massage Nodes for the Neck Area
- Soothing Heating Function that can be turned on and off separately.
- 4 Shiatsu Massages Nodes for the Back/Lumber Area
- Performs Deep-Kneading & Rolling Massages with adjustable positions, focus areas, height, & width.
- 3 levels of vibration massage on the seat cushion.
- Gives you total control to create unique massage experiences that fits your needs.
- Attach easily to any chair with its adjustable back strap.
- 15 Minute Auto Shut-Off
- Massage was too strong for some
- If you are above or below average size, rotating head placement may be an issue
5) INCREDIBLE Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager Pillow w/ Heated Balls
LiBa created this popular “U” shaped Shiatsu massage pillow with heated balls to be multi functional and target any part of the body which needs pain relief fast.
The “U” shaped contours are designed to fit every inch of your body so the powerful motor can get in and melt away muscle tension and penetrate even the densest, tightest muscle tissue and relieve spasms. Regardless of your body shape, this massage pillow is very like having your own personal masseuse….and don’t we all love a relaxing, stress reducing massage!!
The Shiatsu Massage Pillow uses 2 ‘thumbs’ that deliver a deep, rhythmic kneading massage that relaxes muscles and relieves pain and tension. The manufacturer says it closely imitates the massage of a professional massage therapist because of the unique design that does not use vibration or oscillation.
Reviewers of this product online say it really does work well at relieving tension in muscles and that it is also well made with solid construction. They also like the powerful massaging action. Problems identified include issues with the bulky size and as such it is difficult to use in a chair as well as uncomfortable to position for use on some parts of the body.
- 77% of customer reviews were 5 star and above on Amazon
- “U” shaped massage pillow designed to access every part of your body
- Choose to experience pain relief using hot rock therapy to relieve spasms
- Imitates the firm hands of a trained massage therapist
- Powerful motor relaxes the tightest muscles, use on your sofa, car, or at the office
- Perfect for your back, neck, shoulders and legs.
- Lay down in bed and use it on your neck
- You control the pressure, you can also use it on your feet
- 90 day money back guarantee
- Some said it was a little heavy
The Shiatsu Massage Machine Bottom Line
There are a number of portable massage machines available and each has a variation of modes and features. All are affordable and a great way to relax and help relieve pain. Imagine having a portable shiatsu massage machine in your waiting room and letting clients self treat as they wait for you. This can be a very good additional “service” included as they feel pampered and valued. After all, you are offering a service. Why not make it memorable for them…